Not How Mom Made It: Fried Chicken & Cheezy Mac N Cheese
When I started this blog today I had no intention of bringing forth something ordinary to your attention, I believe I have reached a point in which I want to share my greatest joys with you. So far, I have shown you my passion for storytelling, and old fashionable sexy professional wear. See with me as I go a lot further in showing you my love for food. Yes, I am a self-claimed FOODIE who loves to cook. I spend quite a lot of time cooking meals, in ways not how my mom made it. I do it every day for the ones I love finding that Food tastes a lot better when made it love and passion.
The meal I am about to share with you is anything but traditional. Be warned it contains an excess amount of vegetables and delectable flavors…
Here is how I came by my Not so Traditional Fried Chicken and Cheezy Mac N’ Cheese.
- Oil as desired
- 1/4 cup sliced Onion
- 1/4 cup chopped Escallion (Scallion, Green Onion)
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Pepper
- 10 party wings
- 1/4 cup Goya Seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick of margarine
- 2 slices of Kroger Easy Melt Cheese or Velveeta Cheese.
- Crushed Peppers as desired (optional)
- Garlic Salt to taste.
- Kroger Mac and Cheese
- Wash and Prep Chicken. Season with Goya, Garlic Salt, and Crushed Peppers allow marination for 20 minutes.
- Fill a saucepan with 6 cups of water. Bring to a Boil.
- Empty contents of Kroger Mac and Cheese into the pot. Set aside the cheese packet.
- Add onion, green pepper and escallion (scallion, green onions).
- Allow 6-8 minutes for fully cooked macaroni.
- Strain off the water, return the pot to the stove of mid heat.
- Add margarine, cheese packet and slices of Kroger easy melt cheese.
- Stir until contents are evenly distributed and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Place skillet on high heat. Add oil to the desired consistency of the type of frying desired.
- Crack and whisk both eggs lightly in a separate container.
- Place flour in another container. Do not mix.
- Coat chicken with eggs then flour before placing in oil.
- Allow each side to get Golden brown before flipping to the next.
- Allow cooking for 12 – 18 minutes.
- Once complete remove from grease and drain on paper towels.
This is definitely not how mom made it.